Can a search engine give your business the edge it needs?
YES! This local SEO (Search Engine Optimization) guide will show you how.
Google studies show that 50% of consumers who conducted a local search on their smartphone visited a store within a day. Furthermore, 18% of local searches on smartphone lead to a purchase within a day.
With our cell phones, the world is at our fingertips. Need something? Google it. I usually look at the top results for my search and that’s as far as I go before committing to a destination.
The results that are on the top of the list are businesses that understand local SEO and have launched a campaign to ensure their business stays on top.
What does a local SEO campaign look like?
Keep in mind, there’s not an exact, one size fits all recipe. There will be some trial and error involved and as the web changes, we need to change with it.
That being said here’s 5 steps to successful a local SEO campaign.
- Take inventory and “clean up” your website. Make sure your basic info is there and accurate, get rid of everything that doesn’t need to be there.
- After analyzing and exploring options decide on a precise plan of attack.
- Make it happen! Sit down and step by step make the changes.
- Review your site analytics every few days for the next couple of months. This will show you where to fine tune your site.
- If you’re not seeing the results you were expecting go back to step 2.
Right now you’re probably thinking “Great. More work. Just what I needed.”
There is an easier way. I am a freelance writer and blogger knowledgeable in local SEO and ready to work for you. Find me at Writeswitch.com.