“Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes. Including you.” – Toby Mac –
If you’re like me you struggle with the idea of unplugging yourself.
I usually have a ton of projects I’m working on besides the normal weekend services and mid-week youth group.
Is it possible to unplug, take a break from your projects, and still make good use of your time? Yes. One way to do just that is to follow blogs that speak to your industry.
Besides unplugging and giving your mind a break here are 3 good reasons you should be following “Church Tech” blogs.
- It’s encouraging to know that you’re not alone in this fast-paced, ever-changing tech industry.
- Blogs give you the opportunity to learn tips and tricks from people all around the globe that are using the same equipment as you.
- Following blogs can help keep you up to date on the latest tech innovations.
Top 5 blogs Tech Directors should be following;
- ChurchTechToday. This is an amazing blog. It’s run by Lauren Hunter, she’s an awesome writer with a passion for Worship and Tech Arts. I’ve never been disappointed reading her articles. ChurchTechToday uses 4 main categories. Communications, Software, Hardware, and Worship. Their latest article, “Worship Leading From a Tablet” is a great read. I highly recommend checking it out. You can also follow ChurchTechToday on Twitter and Facebook.
- ChurchMediaBlog presented by WorshipHouse Media is another great blog to follow. They offer a range of categories but their main focus is on visual media. Their latest post “Thankful for Free Media” offers an array of free images to use in church services. Another cool feature they offer is a page dedicated to ProPresenter tutorials. They’re also on Twitter and Facebook.
- Worship Facilities and Worship Tech Director are 2 different blogs produced by the same parent company, WFX Network. This is the company that puts on the annual WFX Expo. The WFX Expo is accredited as being the largest dedicated church expo in the United States. Both blogs are excellent to follow and produce a wealth of quality content. Check out “Turning Volunteers Into Church Sound Techs” at Worship Facilities and “Declare war on your Church: Planning Upgrades with an open mind” on Worship Tech Director.
- ProSoundWeb is a blog for the professional audio industry. They have a section on their blog entitled “Church” that holds some great info written by pros in the industry. Their most recent article “Innovations & Improvements: The Latest Developments In Earset & Headset Mics” is a great read. They can also be found on Twitter and Facebook.
- ChurchProduction.com is an online version of a print magazine. It’s a well-rounded blog that focuses on the technical aspect as well as the leadership aspect of tech directing. “Top 3 Ways to Recruit Volunteers” is a great read.
What blogs do you follow?